Monday, September 23, 2013

Welcome to the Scoop!


Welcome back to the Scoop Link Party!

Just a couple of new things to share with ya'll today...

First of all, I finally got around to adding little burlap curtains to my hutch! I bought this hutch for $75 from a thrift store a couple of years ago and they had lost the doors to it. So now I can hide that unsightly clutter! I found these cute little pre-made curtains on ebay for cheap. 

Sorry about the yellow pic. I took this just now, late at night with no good light source. Also...I think the chairs look a bit funky. I'm trying to phase out my old (falling apart) rush seat ladder back and black chairs with lighter painted chairs. I'm even pondering long benches on either side. I'd love big white slip covered chairs at each end, but that isn't in the budget. And honestly, it's not high on the priority list so the room just slowly evolves as I find things.

And in the world of art...a pumpkin is born. I completed this one today, here it is...



"Moonlit Pumpkin", 12" x 12" oil on canvas

It feels soooo good to finish a painting. Especially when you are a mom, and your life is a sea of never ending chores and rituals. As moms, our job is never "project based". That's why it is so important to have hobbies and goals that are completely separate from family life. Painting is a mental escape for me, because I can't think about anything else while I do it. Do YOU have a hobby? A painting? A craft? Killer recipes? Can you do wonders with a drill or chalk paint? Share it now....

Welcome back to The Scoop
The weekly linky party featuring the scoop on the best posts from around the web!
64170_4719850152887_625893102_n
More exposure + less time = win win!
New banner
We are
Anita from Cedar Hill Ranch,
Linsey from Farmhouse Porch,
and Anne from White Lace Cottage.


Here are a just a few of the posts that really sparkled last week!!!

With a blog named Just Paint it White, I know I'm going to see some eye candy when I open a post like this...



Amazing pitcher. Vibrant orange autumn decor...need I say more?
By With a Dash of Color


My neighbor (literally) over at From My Front Porch to Yours shared a few beautiful autumn white vignettes...




Fairhope Supply Co. shared a cute coastal cottage tour. I feel relaxed just looking at it!


And my oh my, do I adore a good almond cookie. I'd love to have some of these fab looking Raspberry Almond Thumbprint cookies, by True Blue Baking, with a nice cup of hot vanilla tea right this minute!
Classic Almond Thumbprint Cookies


Thank you for linking up, friends!
Please read the guidelines before participating:
  • Follow (GFC) and/or subscribe to your host blog.
  • Be sure to include THE SCOOP button or text link to in your linked post Mandatory to be featured!
  • By linking up you are agreeing that the photos are yours or that you have permission to use them, that we may use those photos to feature your project on a blog post, Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter with a link back to your blog, of course.
  • Please go to the source of a photo to pin it to Pinterest so that the originator of the post gets the credit

Pin It
Would you like to receive a preview of my posts in your inbox? Subscribe below.
Enter your email address: Delivered by FeedBurner

11 comments:

Tarnished Royalty said...

Thank you for hosting, Linsey. Your Moonlit Pumpkin is beautiful! ~Ann
Tarnished Royalty

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

Such talent every week. Thanks for hosting Linsey, love joining in. Have a great first week of fall week.
Denise

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Hi Linsey, great features (always). Thank you for hosting the Scoop.
Joy

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

The burlap curtains added a lovely touch, Pamela! Thanks for hosting :) Awesome features - aahhh, the inspiration :D Hugs and Spring greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

Unknown said...

Hi Ladies, Great Party! Linsey I love the your Moonlit Pumpkin, you are so very talented! I'm sharing our Planter Boxes we built for our garden, built from Salvaged Wood #55, hope you will enjoy! Thanks for hosting, have a wonderful week!

Cindy@GlassSlipperRestorations.com

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Oh what a sweet surprise! I am honored to be included among these beautiful links! Loving your Moonlight Pumpkin...the texture and color is so pretty:)Happy Fall! Hugs, Poppy

Anita Diaz said...

Great features...thanks for hosting ladies!

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Thanks for hosting! Happy Fall! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Unknown said...

Thanks for a great party Linsey!! xo

Candy S said...

Thank you Linsey for hosting this party. I love your thrift store hutch. The burlap curtains fits the personality of the hutch perfectly. I used to paint before I took up a million and one other hobbies. Your Moonlight Pumpkin may inspire me to start again,

fiona anderson said...

Thank you so much for featuring my shabby cabinet, I'm really glad you liked it.
Your dining room is lovely, I especially love the trim on your dresser as it's given me an idea for something !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...